Effective Date: January 5th, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you shop in our stores; access and use our Services; make a purchase; sign up for or participate in contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, mailing lists, events; engage with us via social media platforms; and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, ZIP code, photos, videos, social media usernames, payment information, demographic information, information about your interests and preferences, information about your physical characteristics, and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, decide to purchase and ship products to someone, or create and share a wish list. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may also automatically collect information about you when you access or use the Services or transact business with us, including:
• Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
• Log Information: We obtain information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
Location Information: We may collect information about the precise location of your device when you consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information about your approximate location each time you access our Services.
Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies:
Information We Collect from Other Sources.
We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example, we may collect demographic and change-of-address information from third party sources and information from third party social media platforms (such as Facebook) if you log into our Services using your social media account credentials or if you make certain content and information publicly available, such as photos for your user profile, and profile information.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
• facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
• provide and deliver products and services, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and recall notices;
• provide, maintain, and improve the Services, manage your online account, and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• communicate with you about Work World and partner products, services, offers, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage promotional communications, please see “Your Choices” below);
• monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
• personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests;
• process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and prizes;
• link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you outside of Work World, including as follows:
• with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf;
• when you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and on third-party sites, such as your photos, videos, stories, posts, product reviews, product questions and answers, wish lists and other information you choose to provide;
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
• in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• between and among Work World and any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
• with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
Work World takes reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your online account and updating your information or by calling Customer Service. You may also email us at email@example.com if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Work World by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, membership or our ongoing business relations.
The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with Work World or others. You can also stop our collection of location information in connection with our mobile applications by following the location services settings on your device.
Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Work World qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having your information shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, please call Customer Service.
Changes to this Policy
Work World may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date above and, in some cases we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please call customer service at 1-877-975-9753 or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also direct your privacy-related comments or questions to the following address:
Work World America, Inc.
2030 Peabody Rd Ste 300
Vacaville CA 95687